Thursday, August 20, 2009

I want you to know God's words and call to me(Larry Lynch) regarding this mission to Africa.

In August 2005, in the mountains of North Georgia, on vacation, God woke me at 2:30 AM with these 4 words, "Not here, but Africa". I understood His message immediately as instruction to me to help orphans in Africa. I puzzled at this since I had never had any inclination to go to Africa, and I couldn't imagine how helping orphans in such a far away place could be accomplished. After some months, God brought Brother Francis Bushebi and his son Dalmas into my home during a visit to this country. (They are from Bungoma, Kenya.) We prayed, discussed, and I listened to the needs in his "valley". God showed us that the best way I (and any others who joined in) could help was with regular donations of $1/day ($30/month) to Brother Bushebi's ministry, Gospel Believer's Fellowship. They, in turn, could provide food, clothing and educational expenses to the many orphans in his community who were known to his association of churches. An organization was formed in our area called Kenya Care Partners to allow those who felt led to give to help these children. Four years have passed and Kenya Care now supports 33 orphans in that land. Praise God for His marvelous works! Thank all of you have been so faithful to this ministry!

Last fall, our church was planning to gather a group to go on tour of the Holy Land. I have always wanted to make this trip. But as I considered the trip, God spoke a different message to me, "Don't go where I was, go where I am today." I immediately understood that this was an instruction to go, not to Israel (where He had been in His earthly ministry), but to Kenya, Africa (where He was working today in the lives of these orphans and the churches who care for them). God also showed me I would not go alone. Since Al Stoner was my original contact to Bushebi and Kenya, and since he had visited there, I asked him many things about Bungoma and travel there. We also prayed over my instructions to go there. Through prayer, God showed Al that he should join me in revisiting Africa. From this formation, our mission was set.

One further promise to me came from the Father. As I thought about the cost of the trip my human reasoning said the money for the trip might be better used by the people in Africa rather
than me going there in person. Jesus gave me this word "I will meet you there" (in Africa).

So, at His instruction, and with His assurance, with joy and expectation, Al and I are going there to meet the Lord in whatever way He chooses.

Your prayers are already heard by the Father.

Thank you and God bless each of you.

Larry Lynch

1 comment:

  1. Larry, it is exciting for me read how God brought this task to you and how he continues to accomplish His will through you. I am proud to have had a chance to get to know you and call you my friend and brother in Christ. I am sure over the next couple of Sundays there will be a time of commissioning and prayer over you and Al. Even though I will not be there physically I will be there in spirit calling out to the Lord on your behalf. I know lives will change for eternity because of your surrendered spirit. You and Al are examples to me of what I heard Bushebi preach there in Tullahoma one time. I can still here his voice and see his hand movement as his tells us he rises early in the morning and tells the Lord to "Slay Bushebi". Going on to say with self out of the way the Lord is free to work His good and perfect will.
    Blessings,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete